Thursday, December 13, 2012

3 Months Post Op

My nose is just about back to normal. It's still sensitive and hurts when I accidentally hit it but I have full breathing nostrils! Most to all of the swelling has gone down and I'm really pleased by the results.

My nose is VERY sensitive to the cold. Since winter is here and it's getting below freezing and snowing, I don't like to be outside for very long.

The non-petroleum based jelly has been helping my nose for the dryness issue. I don't feel the need to pick/poke at it and it's not crusty anymore. The cartilage in the middle is still sore and tender but I can wiggle it around without any pain.

Check out the 3 month photo! The left side is looking good!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I've just had septoplasty and I'm on the sixth day. I've been through the worst and it's noticeably getting better. The throbbing has gone and the bleeding is becoming more scant. My operation lasted longer than the average for its type. I didn't have any reconstruction to the bridge and I wasn't given any splints. I was told that I was getting an American style operation as opposed to the regular UK version because it was a revision to a previous septoplasty that didn't work out last spring. My nostrils look symmetrically realigned, and all in all I'm starting to feel like I've been reunited with my long lost lost nose (NPI) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How over optimistic was it for me to think that my nose was nearly better? I think it will take at least 2 to 3 months in my case to start to feel the benefits of the septoplasty. It was handy to read your blog and it's given me some insight into the metamorphoses of the healing process.

    I've resisted from putting my fingers up my nose this time. Im washing it with the douche everyday. Eating and smiling i'm having problems with.

    I'm glad to hear and see that your septoplasty was a success :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my blog could help give you some insite on the whole process. Sounds like your septoplasty went well too! I hope you heal fast.

      Delete