Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Going to Monthly Updates

I had a checkup with my doctor today. He says things are looking good and that most of the swelling is gone. It will continue to improve and wont be totally normal for another 8-12 months. The bones are now pretty much set and now it's the waiting game.

The skin on my nose is very thin. What this means for me is you can tell where the bones are in my nose. If you had thicker skin it would hide some of the curvature of the nose. We can tell that I may have a small curve but nothing we "couldn't carve down later". I'm really happy with the result and I probably will not undergo surgery to correct it. We wont be able to tell for another year though.

Because it's cold out and it is Colorado, my nasal passages are dry. I was recommended to use a non-petroleum based gel (like KY jelly) on the inside once or twice a day for the remaning of the winter. Sounds good to me.

I'll now be posting monthly updates/pictures on how the healing is going, what the swelling looks like, and if I have a little curve still! Next update: 3 months Post-Op (December 13th)

No comments:

Post a Comment