Tuesday, October 30, 2012

6 Weeks Post Op: Still Healing

So I was correct that a storm was coming. Way to go forecasting nose! It's been bitterly cold here and my nose hurts whenever I'm outside. It really hurts to breathe in.

My nasal passages still get clogged and I have to take hot showers to clear them. It doesn't hurt as much to blow my nose nor wiggle it. It is still tender and sore and obviously not healed completely.

Thank God my left side of my nose is going down finally. You really can't notice unless I take a photo of myself withe the camera 6 inches away. 

And here's week 6 photo!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for all this info. It's very comforting since I have been very worried about the cartilage in my nose still being so sensitive after 3 weeks post-septoplasty, especially when I inadvertently touch my nose even lightly. Your blow by blow description is very helpful, and BTW, I think your nose is exceptionally nice-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best blog I've read so far. It completely calmed me down. Currently I'm on day 3 of my recovery. :) Thank you so much for documenting your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hopefully you're healing up fast and back to normal soon :)

      Delete
  3. I'm just back from the hospital after having this surgery. I'm shocked by how hard recovery may be but at least I'm more prepared after reading your blog so thank you. My nose wasn't broken and I don't have splints or packing so fingers crossed it won't be too bad. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the surgery 2 weeks ago. Thanks for sharing your experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erica thanks for sharing your experience. I'm not sure you still read blog. I wanted to ask you, have you had any blood coming out of your throat after 5 months of the surgery? I noticed that the blood disappeared completely when i went on vacation to mild and humid weather in Italy, but when I returned to dry weather it returns. My doctor is just not communicating well when i share my concern. Is this normal? And yeah still not all nostrils open at the same time all the time. I also made the mistake of wearing sun glasses 3 weeks after the surgery and still wear them till I red your post, I hope no damage because of that.

    ReplyDelete