Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 14: 2 Weeks Since Surgery

Things are going great!! I can breathe out of both nasal passages. Sometimes I just hold my hand up and block a passage at a time just to feel the air flow out of each. This surgery was one of the best decisions I've made.

I'm healing and I realize that, so my nasal passages get plugged with mucus and blood (gross I know). There is still debris in them and I'm not allowed to blow my nose yet. I drink about 5 cups of hot tea a day, take a hot showers, and keep my house humid (I live in Colorado aka no humidity) to keep my passages open.

My bruising is gone! My swelling decreases little by little every day. The tip of my nose is still sensitive and it tingles when I touch it. Also, since my nose was re-broken, the bridge is sore. I can't wear sunglasses or glasses yet but that's okay. Sometimes I instinctively try to wrinkle my nose (at a weird smell or whatever) and it's pretty painful. I have some sinus pressure and headaches but that can usually be treated with aspirin.

The left side is a little more swollen than the right but it's going down to the normal size. You can see the definition of my nostrils coming back and the rest of my face looks normal. Look how straight it is!!! I look in the mirror a lot (makes me feel vain) but I can't believe how good it looks and how I can breathe!


3 comments:

  1. You're blog has been the most helpful I have come across after endless searches. I'm on day 4 and having almost all the same issues you did. You're doctor should use this blog to help other patients. BTW your extremely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it can help! When I had this done I couldn't find anything like this and wanted it as a resource for other people. I hope you heal up well and thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  2. best of luck...its my 3rd day after surgery...trust me the packing removal process was so bad...now i am worried about the pain i will face after 5 days when doc remove the splints...will it also b painfull as much?

    Hope u r fine and healthy..and much more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete