Tuesday, October 16, 2012

30 Days Post-Op: Cleared for all nose related activites!!

I've been cleared for all nose related activities! Hurray! I tried to blow my nose for the first time in a month and the sides of my nose are still sensitive. I just started wearing sunglasses a few days ago but only for short periods of time. The bridge of my nose does get sore. Yawning too much also will make my nose hurt. I'm pretty sure when it snowed the other day, the low pressure gave me a sinus headache. 

Every week I feel better. My nose isn't congested anymore and if it is, a hot shower will remedy it. I've already noticed my quality of life improving. I sleep better and I don't snore as much or as loud. Before I could have been a baby chainsaw but now it's soft snores or heavy breathing. I notice that my mouth isn't crazy dry in the mornings anymore from all the mouth breathing I would do.

I still sneeze out of my mouth and I hold the bridge of my nose because it's tender. I haven't received all the feeling in my nose and I hope there isn't permanent nerve damage. Who cares if it doesn't? What does my nose actually feel on a normal basis?

Here's how it's looking! The left side is still kind of pronounced. :(


1 comment:

  1. It looks great! Thanks for your posts. I just had septoplasty/turbinate reduction.

    ReplyDelete