Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Post-Op Day 1

Last night was terrible. I have to sleep sitting up for the next few nights to allow for drainage. I sleep for about an hour at a time before I wake up. I take Vicodin every 6 hours. About 4 hours after taking the pain pills, the throbbing in my nose begins to kick up. My best sleeping time is about a half our after taking a pain pill.

My left eye will not stop watering. It just goes and goes and goes. It's pretty annoying. I can still get airflow out of both passages because there's no packing inside (only splints). It's not enough to breathe out of so I'm a mouth breather only.  I get to start the saline washes today which doesn't sounds like fun. I start my antibiotics 3 times a day for the next 10 days.

My swelling is getting worse and the pressure is increasing. My front teeth ache but that may be due to all the impact in my skull. I've been able to eat soft food like meat sandwiches and potpie. Nothing with crunch! I just have body aches from sitting so much and a headache. The pain is getting worse.

I'm allowed to try and take a shower today but I can't get my face wet. I'm not sure how to work that. I might need my aunt to help me since I can't stand for too long without my brain wanting to pound out of my head. I also will begin to get crazy chills if I'm out of my couch-nest for longer than 2 minutes.

Here's what I look like 24 hours post surgery:



1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my own surgery but it was not done properly and I still have problem in winters.

    ReplyDelete