Saturday, September 22, 2012

Post-Op Day 4... My Nose Gaurd Fell Off! Panic??

I got some blessed sleep this morning after some panic. I can't freaking believe it. I took a Vicodin about midnight and settled down to go to sleep. I woke up at 2p in a deep sweat. I tend to sweat a lot when I've been sleeping lately. It took me an hour to finally get back to sleep. 3a to 5a. I woke up feeling something hard next to me. What was it? My hard nose guard on my nose had fallen off while I was sleeping!! Whatttt???


Waking up with this in your hand will A) wake you up completely and B) send you into a panic. I went to the bathroom to see how my nose looked. I didn't know what to do! So I called the emergency hospital call line at 5:30a and talked to the ENT doctor on call. I felt SO bad calling so early on a Saturday but I was really freaked out.

She told me it was okay that it had fallen off since it'd been a few days but she'd let my doctor know. Maybe I'd get into clinic a day or two early but not to worry. She told me to be especially careful about knocking my nose. Okay I can do that.

Okay so what do I look like without that hard plastic thingy?


Wow. That's a of swelling but less than yesterday. Also less black and blue eyes. I decided that I'd stop sleeping at an angle and lay down like normal after I'd calmed down enough. I laid in my bed for the first time since Monday night and fell asleep at 7a and just woke up not too long ago at 1p! OMG so much sleep. I feel amazing!! 

Today feels like a real turning point. I don't feel the need to take pain pills nor lay down all the time. I did a few little chores around the house without getting chills and I could open my mouth wide enough to eat food. Still can't taste it though :(


UPDATE ON NOSE GUARD: JUST TAPE IT BACK ON
My doctor is really cool. He get's back to me quickly and gives me solutions. He told me just to tape the nose guard back on with tape. I thought that might be what I needed to do but I'm not going to do anything to my nose without my doctor telling me. Alrighty... I washed it with soap and water, dried it, and used a bit of tape to put it back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment