Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 0: Post-Op 10 hrs later

5p
The surgery went really well. It was hard waking up from the anesthesia but I think the worst part was the drive home. It was so sunny outside. My nose doesn't really hurt as much just is sore. The annoying thing is the dripping from my nose and by dripping, I mean slow bleeding. I have to keep a gauze mustache on at all times. I keep replacing it every few hours. Also my eyes WONT stop watering. It's like the worst case of hay fever I've ever had.

The coolest part of all this is, I can breathe out of my nose. It hasn't swollen shut yet and I can feel the air in my left nasal passage. It's the craziest feeling since I haven't felt that in forever. I have a headache but I can still sleep. I got home from the hospital and I keep sleeping for about an hour at a time until I need to use the restroom. I guess They gave me 3 bags of saline during the surgery.

My throat is probably the thing that hurts the worst. I've been mostly mouth breathing and they ripped up throat with the breathing tube. It's sore from the constant air and whoever ripped that tube out of my throat. Note to future physicians: DON'T BE ROUGH WITH THE BREATHING TUBE.




No comments:

Post a Comment